The holidays are right around the corner and the question of whether we’re going to get our holiday photo cards done professionally has popped in my head. First off, do we hire a photographer, or do we do it ourselves? Then do we go through a professional service to get our photos printed? How much will all of these things cost?
Enter to Win!
Get your DIY on and enter to win a Polaroid holiday prize pack worth over $300! Prizes include the Polaroid Pop instant digital camera, Zink photo paper, and Polaroid scrapbooking materials to create the ultimate DIY project. Not to mention Polaroid apparel - so you can craft in style all year long.
I think I can really pull this off by doing everything myself! With a little help of course, from my husband, and my trusty friend Polaroid camera. It really isn’t that hard, and I love that I will be saving a couple hundred bucks. Today, I’ll show you how I did it.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Polaroid POP Instant Digital Camera — You can get a Polaroid POP which is a camera and a photo printer in one! This is a great holiday present for yourself and your loved ones who love taking photos for memories.
Holiday themedoutfits - Think reds, greens, whites! If you want to be extra cute, try matching Christmas onesies, or matching plaids. Really, whatever you think “holiday” looks like, wear it!
- A nice background - For our holiday photos, we opted for a beautiful yet basic green tree from around our neighborhood. I suggest that you try to find a spot before all the leaves fall. Again, think holiday, Christmas, happy, bright, love! Try to find these elements and your background would look amazing. PRO TIP: Try to shoot during golden hour (a few hours before sunset) for that beautiful warm tones!
HOW TO TAKE THE PHOTOS:
- Make sure your family is all dressed up for this photoshoot before going to the location. Depending on where you live, taking these photos could be really cold, so dress accordingly especially if you have little ones with you.
- Pose yourselves in front of your background and make sure everyone’s in
- Use the Polaroid Pop instant digital camera to take the photos. It can also record videos and create gifs. You can instantly print photos right then and there! Plus, you can edit your photos before printing using the Polaroid Pop app to add words and cute stickers on the photos to make them even more personal. The Polaroid Pop even has a self-timer, photo-booth mode, and digital zoom!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR HOLIDAY CARDS:
Now that you have all the photos to send to your family and friends, this is the easy part! One easy way to send the cards is to buy a bulk of holiday cards from the store and just slip in your photos printed from your Polaroid Pop. But if you want to make things really personalized, buy some paper and blank cards of your preference from your closest craft store. Write your holiday message and include the beautiful holiday photos you took and printed from your Polaroid Pop instant digital camera.
Using the phone app, you’re also able to print out the photos from your phone. Connect your
You can change the colors of the printed photos before printing them, depending on how you want your photos to turn out. I usually like my photos warm, so I messed around with the colors a little.
You can print more than one photo! To make your life faster, you can easily print several copies of your favorite photo using the Polaroid Pop. Pick your best holiday shot, change the number of copies you need, and hit print. It’s super easy!
For the Corinth’s full blog post, visit her site here: https://corinthsuarez.com
Want to try this for yourself?
Get into the holiday spirit and create your very own DIY Polaroid Family Holiday Cards with the Polaroid Pop instant digital camera, now available on Amazon.Shop Now